Sex Offender Registry
Colorado Bureau of Investigation Sex Offender Registry:
- Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statutes 16-22-111 and 16-22-112, the most recently modified and amended by Colorado House Bill 1035, Law Enforcement agencies are authorized to release information about registered sex offenders living within the agency’s jurisdictions on the agency’s website.
- The confidential information is provided to you so that you can protect yourself and your children from these individuals.
- Due to the mature content of the registry information , it is not advisable to disseminate registry information to children. It is strongly encouraged that parent or guardian discuss the information with children and educate children regarding personal safety strategies.
- The Colorado sex offender registry includes only those persons who have been required by law to register and who are in compliance with the sex offender registration laws. Persons should not rely solely on the sex offender registry as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities. The crime for which a person is convicted may not accurately reflect the level of risk.
- Pursuant to state statue, a link to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation’s website for educational information is provided below.